The Ryleys Personal Development is 'EXCELLENT'
- ISI Inspection (2020)
The personal development of every pupil underpins all teaching and learning within the school setting.It is integral in achieving positive outcomes for all pupils and to enable pupils to become well-rounded individuals who can thrive as members of society.
The programme encourages, promotes, adopts and embeds a range of skills and experiences that allow children to become life-long learners and acquire skills for life to manage challenges and responsibilities in an ever-changing world. Feeling safe, secure and valued enables children to flourish and fulfil their academic potential.
It aims to help children deal with real life issues which are central to their wellbeing and to address matters of personal concern, manage their feelings, build relationships and social skills with adults and peers, have a sense of belonging and make their own positive contribution to a community.
Through explicit programmes of study and through implicit daily opportunities, children learn skills of self-awareness, collaboration, reasoning, discussion, critical thinking and decision making. Pupils learn to stay healthy and safe, take responsibility for their own actions and respect democracy, justice, law and human rights. (SMSC)
The personal development qualities we aim to foster in school and recognise with the pupils are:
- Problem Solving
- Risk Taking
Pupils show high levels of development of their resilience, problem solving capabilities, risk taking awareness and independence.
ISI Inspection (2020)
Opportunities are facilitated in the following areas:
- Developing confidence and independence to make the most of their abilities
- Developing skills in language, decision making and assertiveness
- · Developing a healthy, safe lifestyle
- Developing good relationships and respecting differences between people
- Gaining knowledge, understanding and skills to enable them to participate in society as informed, active and responsible citizens as members of their community
- Learn about the interdependence of communities
- Understanding how their own choices affect local and global issues
- Becoming aware of their rights and responsibilities
- Appreciating what it means to be a positive member of a diverse intercultural society
- Developing themselves as growing and changing individuals