Our Mission Statement
The Ryleys School is a happy and safe place to learn with children benefitting from being within a caring environment, where everyone knows their name. We have a unique family atmosphere where each child is valued as an individual. We encourage a love of learning and promote a child’s natural curiosity through varying challenges, experiences and opportunities.
We aim that children within our school will develop the self-esteem, awareness and self-confidence to play an active part in school life, the wider community and be fully equipped for the next stage in their educational journey.
They will be resilient individuals, that dust of disappointments and have a ‘can do’ attitude, which enables them to try new things and are comfortable in new situations.
What is ‘good’ emotional health and wellbeing in our school?
· The ability to recognise, acknowledge and manage their feelings
· The ability to develop caring and concerns for others
· The ability to develop meaningful, positive and long-lasting relationships
· The ability to take responsibility for themselves and make practical decisions
We want our children to:
· Be effective and successful learners
· Make and sustain friendships
· Deal with and resolve conflict effectively, fairly and independently
· Solve problems with others for themselves
· Manage strong feelings such as frustration, anger and anxiety
· Be able to promote calm, optimistic states that support the achievement of goals
· Recover from setbacks and persist in the face of the difficulties
· Work and play cooperatively
· Compete fairly and win and lose with dignity and respect for other competitors
· Understand and value the differences and commonalities between people, respecting the rights of others to have beliefs and values different from their own
The emotional health and well-being of all members of our school is fundamental to our philosophy and aims. Our policies and practices are founded in the development and sustenance of a happy, healthy school, where all learning can flourish.
When a school promotes positive emotional health and wellbeing, pupils can better understand and express their feelings. This builds their confidence and emotional resilience and therefore their capacity to learn.
The school’s Wellbeing Policy can be downloaded HERE.